This recipe follow from the famous Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Roll
I scaled down the recipe to 1/4 ..but I forget where I got the original blogpost that help me in calculate to 1/4 (including the appropriate baking time) ^^;
This is my 2nd attempt at this recipe. I find this attempt is much better compared to the 1st one..but I think there is still room for improvement :p
At least I'm not afraid in trying to bake with yeast anymore ^^;
Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls
(yields 11 rolls)
For Dough:
1 cup milk
1/4 cup veg oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 packet active dry yeast ( 1 1/8 tsp)
2 cups All Purpose Flour + 1/4 cup
1/4 heaping tsp baking powder
1/4 scant tsp baking soda
3/4 heaping tsp salt
For Filling:
1/3 cup softened butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
cinnamon
Method:
1) Mix milk, veg oil, and sugar in saucepan. Heat until beginning to boil & remove from heat. Leave to coll at least 30 mins (or until mixture is lukewarm)
2) Sprinkle yeast over top of warm mixture. Let sit for a minute.
3) Add 2 cups of flour. Stir together well (mixture will be sticky). Cover & let rise for at least one hour.
4) Add 1/4 cup flour, bp, bs, salt.
You should have slightly sticky dough at this point.
5) Now you have 2 options...to cover & put the dough in the fridge overnight (based on others who have tried, seems like this can make the dough more firm) .. or directly go ahead and make the roll. I choose to do the former.
6) Sprinkle counter generously with flour. Dump the dough into counter, knead & form rectangle. Roll the dough out thin.
7) Spread the softened butter over the dough. Sprinkle brown sugar & cinnamon (I mix both in small bowl beforehand).
8) Begin rolling up the dough & pinch the seam to seal it up.
9) Smear a little softened butter around foil pans. Cut rolls approximately 3/4 to 1 inch thick and arrange in buttered pans (give some space to rise). Allow the rolls to rise another 20-30 minutes.
10) In the mean time, preheat oven to 375 F. After the roll have risen, bake until golden brown (around 15 - 18 mins)
2 comments:
Looks delicious! send me one ;)!
Are u sure u ready to be my 'guinea pig'? ^^;
Post a Comment